... an Apps for iPads Video-Review
Who among us doesn’t delight in the antics of Winnie the Pooh? Written by A. A. Milne, and dating to 1926, this wonderful bear and all his friends have been entertaining children for generations. Now a new generation of kids can watch and interact with this bumbley old bear in a modern, new way, as he stars in his very own app for iPads and iPhones!
Disney Publishing Worldwide Application presents… Pooh’s Birthday Surprise! Watch and help Pooh’s friends prepare for Pooh’s surprise party in the Hundred-Acre Woods!
Stay with us “after the break” for a video-peek at the app and find out MORE!
This delightful story draws your child in with its bright colors, graphic illustrations and fun music! Games are scattered throughout so as to never overwhelm, nor bore your child. The games entertain while teaching your kids a multitude of skills; colors, shape recognition, pattern sequencing and more. The words of the story line illuminate as read by the soothing yet engaging voice of the narrator to help your child begin to realize spoken to written word recognition. Your child is actually learning basic skills while thoroughly enjoying the story and Pooh and his pals.
Pooh’s Birthday Surprise iPad app Features:
- Early-learning activities include: identifying and extending simple patterns, problem solving, vocabulary awareness, and story comprehension.
- Narration with word-by-word highlights supporting the read-along experience.
- Special feature taps engage and surprise young readers. Shake to clear away dust, tilt to set clouds in motion, swipe to see flowers bloom, and much more.
- End of book activities provide extended practice with early-learning concepts.
- Learning activities refresh for repeat play and practice.
- Info Page offers story extension activities for parents and caregivers.
Additional Disney App for iPads Reviews:
- Cars 2 Storybook Deluxe
- Cars 2 World Grand Prix
- Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue
- Disney Princess Dress-Up
Pooh’s Birthday Surprise is a Disney Learning interactive storybook designed to help children acquire and reinforce early literacy and pre-math concepts. As children read along with the word-by-word narration, they are invited to join in the birthday party planning with their favorite Hundred-Acre Wood friends.