... starring all your Super Why friends!
It is absolutely amazing how much kids learn just from watching good quality television shows nowadays. They are out there, and PBS has a number of them. One my grandkids like is “Super Why” which is always teaching them their alphabet without their knowing it. They will love playing with Whyatt, Alpha Pic, Wonder Red and Princess Presto on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch in their brand new app too!
Focusing their attention on introducing kids to what are the very building blocks of literacy, the app features over 400 words and opportunities to practice recognizing sounds as well upper and lowercase letters. Kids join their favorite SUPER WHY! characters for an around-the-world alphabet adventure, all while playing an engaging collection of five mini-games:
- Five mini-games:
- Alpha Pig’s Lickety Letter Safari!
- Super Why’s Z Marks the Spot!
- Wonder Red’s Let’s Letter Fly!
- Princess Presto’s Under the Sea Sounds!
- Woofster’s Golden Letter Bones!
Each Super Why Game Features:
- Rewards: Each time players successfully complete a mini-game, they earn a special “Around the World”-themed souvenir sticker that is collected in their “Map of the World.” From here, users can decorate around-the-world themed backgrounds with the souvenirs they’ve earned, as well as save each creation to the device.
- Music Videos: Users can access a collection of alphabet-themed music videos from SUPER WHY! to gain further exposure to the alphabet.
- Progress Tracking: A progress tracking area allows parents to see how their children are performing on two of the mini-games and identifies which letters or common letter sounds they still need to practice.
We invite you to join Super Why(att) and his friends on their around-the-world, ABC adventure as your child learns the very tools they need for learning to read and getting ready for school! We encourage you to give them this skill-building app and promote installing it on both your iPad and iPhone so that you may take advantage of its teaching wherever you happen to be!
Warning: getimagesize(http://appsforipads.net/wp-content/uploads/wpappstore_cache/546688555/pr_source.png?downloadKey=1416701966_2502ed56ef3c6b484075543d9f437a05) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home3/maggieb/public_html/appsforipads.net/wp-content/plugins/WPappStore/WPappStore-main.php on line 526
SUPER WHY ABC Adventures: Alphabet for iPadVersion: 2.1Created by: PBS KIDSCategories: Education, Games, Educational
Are you ready to go on an around the world, ABC adventure? With the “SUPER WHY ABC Adventures: Alphabet” app for iPad, your child can do just that while playing a comprehensive collection of five interactive literacy games that help build strategies and skills to master the alphabet! With each game hosted by a different Super Reader,
Are you ready to go on an around the world, ABC adventure? With the “SUPER WHY ABC Adventures: Alphabet” app, your child can do just that while playing a comprehensive collection of five interactive literacy games that help build strategies and skills to master the alphabet! With each game hosted by a different Super Reader, your child will be introduced to uppercase and lowercase letters and their names, the order of the alphabet, common letter sounds and writing letters in fun and exciting ways!
Platforms: iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
http://to.pbs.org/abcadventureiphone (iTunes link)