... with a course from HomeBrew Audio!
We have brought you reviews of some great music apps for iPads, like Rockmate and Sample Tank that allow you to create music right on your iPad. We also know through your emails and Facebook comments that many of you are recording voiceovers to your videos as well as podcasts both on and off your iPads. So how would you like to produce GREAT sounding audio in almost the same time it takes you to record it?
Enter Ken Theriot, singer, songwriter, audio engineer, music producer and voice over actor who is very open and sharing with his knowledge and techniques when it comes to creating great audio recordings…
Ken and I were in a great brainstorming session together and I was very impressed with his knowledge of audio. I found myself going to his website and signing up for a some free videos to investigate him and his techniques further. I liked what I saw, heard and learned so I went back for more.
Seems this guy really knows of what he speaks! And speak he does! Ken and his wife, Lisa Theriot, were finalists for the 2009 Voicey Awards – Best Vocal Team for their voice-over work. If Ken’s voice sounds familiar in any of our videos here in this article perhaps it is because you have heard it before; Ken is the voice of several characters for PIGTones, (Politically Incorrect GPS Voices) including Stewie, The Devil, Santa, Yoda, and The Bronx Guy. In 2008, he became the audio producer for PIGTones, editing and producing all the voices in their catalog. In 2009 he founded Home Brew Audio, a website dedicated to teaching others how to record professional audio with modest home recording studios. HBA currently has tons of articles, tutorials and tips for setting up and using a home recording studio at any budget, for both voice over and music recording.
By then I knew I wanted to check Ken out further for all of you so that YOU can benefit from his great expertise! I bought and read his ebook, “How To Build A Home Recording Studio” which I can recommend highly. If you want to set up an area of your home or office to do your recording in, whether on a shoestring or not, Ken can show you how to get it done.
Starting the amateur off as economically as one can Ken offers a course that builds on the ($5) mic that comes with most PC’s and free Audacity software. The course is called The Home Brew Audio Newbies Guide To Audio Recording Awesomeness and gives your ten great video-lessons for only $37! That is only $3.70 per lesson and an amazing course that will get you making truly great audio in a short amount of time for next to practically nothing.
Ten Lessons Included in the Home brew Audio Newbies Guide to Audio Recording Awesomeness Course:
- Lesson 1: Your First Recording (2 parts) – How to start recording RIGHT NOW for a budget of $0 dollars!
- Lesson 2: It’s Recorded…Now What?, (2 parts) – Editing your new recording by adjusting volume, reducing hissy noise.
- Lesson 3: It’s Recorded…AND Edited…Now What?, (2 parts) – How to produce your recording and creating the final product.
- Lesson 4: What is an MP3? – How to create audio for the web.
- Lesson 5: Multi-Track Recording, (2 parts) – Learn how to use the free recording software, Audacity, to make your 1st multi-track recording!
- Lesson 5a: Singing Harmony With Yourself – Even if you’re not a “singer,” this is mind-goggling awesome!
- Lesson 5b: Vocal Doubling, (2 parts) – How to double-your voice to get the sound so popular in hip-hop and pop recordings, as well as in radio ad TV ad voice-overs.
- Lesson 6 – Loops-Music for Non-Musicians, (2 parts) – Learn what a “loop” is and how to make and use them.
- Lesson 7: Intro to FX – Equalization and Frequency – Introduction to effects or “FX,” as the cool kids call them.
- Lesson 8: Version 1.3 of Audacity, The Free Recording Software – How to download the latest version of Audacity.
- Lesson 9: EQ&FX pt2 – Using FX To Solve Audio Problems: Fixing P-Pops – More audio editing goodness. Learn how to fix “P-pops.”
- Lesson 10: The Pros and Cons of the Zero-Five Dollar Budget – All previous lessons have been do-able on a “0-5 dollar” budget. Learn the limitations of that budget level, and how to level-up for about $50 per level!
When you get to Lesson #10 of the first course you may decide you are ready to step up another notch and make your audio, whether voiceovers, singing or music sound professional. When you are you’re ready for Ken’s new course, The Home Brew Audio Newbies Guide To Audio Recording Awesomeness 2: Pro Audio With Reaper! This course introduces you to the world of audio you can mix and master using Reaper software. Ken guides you through every step, literally from downloading the software forward!
You get 14 great lessons over 18 video in The Home Brew Audio Newbies Guide To Audio Recording Awesomeness 2: Pro Audio With Reaper:
- Lesson 1 – Recording “Level-Up”: USB Mic and Reaper Software
- Lesson 2 – Your 1st Recording With the Upgraded Studio (Voice-Over w/Music)
- Lesson 3 – Producing (Mixing and Rendering) Your First Recording
- Lesson 4 – Voice-Over Recording Tips: Split 1 Audio Item Into Many – Auto Trim/Split
- Lesson 5 – Voice-Over Recording Tips: Quickly Reposition & Align Multiple Audio Items
- Lesson 6 – Voice-Over Recording Tips: Multiple Voices/Conversation
- Lesson 7 – Saving one file as lots of Little Files with Their Own File Name
- Lesson 8 – Multi-Track Recording: The “Killer App” Of Computer Recording
- Lesson 9 – Multi-Track Recording: Singing Harmony With Yourself (or Others)
- Lesson 10 – Multi-Track Recording: Vocal Doubling
- Lesson 11 – Intro To MIDI: The Magic Music Helper (3 part lesson)
- Lesson 12 – Loops
- Lesson 13 – EQ and Frequency
- Lesson 14 – Recording a Pop Song: The “My Eyes” Tutorial
What I really like about Ken’s courses is first of all how they progress. You start out and progress as fast or slow as you want and get the information YOU need to make your audio recordings sound professional. Buy only what YOU need! What’s great too is that Ken is there for you. He doesn’t just sell you a course and forget about you. He has promised to continue holding online live question and answer sessions where he will answer YOUR questions so YOU get it right! Just be sure to sign up for his email list so you never miss a morsel of all his great advice.
Start out with raw audio and be amazed at how using any and all of Ken’t tips and techniques will make you sound! Just remember there are consequences; making your audio sound more professional will get you more viewers and listeners to your website, YouTube Channel or podcast! But them I think that if you are ready for Ken you are ready for that!
Stop by Ken’s website today and then decide for yourself just which course is right for you:
- The Home Brew Audio Newbies Guide To Audio Recording Awesomeness
- The Home Brew Audio Newbies Guide To Audio Recording Awesomeness 2: Pro Audio With Reaper
- or the ”How To Build A Home Recording Studio” book
p.s. What kind of project do YOU need good quality sounding audio for?
What is Home Brew Audio? This video will quickly explain. Our goal is to de-mystify the mystery of audio recording. You can record and produce professional quality audio RIGHT NOW with tools you probably have already. Learn how at http://homebrewaudio.com
http://www.homebrewaudio.co/NewbiesGuide2/ – This is a pretty complete description of what is in the new Reaper Tutorial Course from Home Brew Audio. It discusses each lesson and shows video clips from each one while describing how awesome it all is:). There are 18 videos taking you from downloading and installing Reaper in Lesson 1, to knowing how to do all manner of audio wizardry. The lessons balance voice-over recording tips and tricks with music recording and mixing, even providing a 3-part lesson on MIDI and virtual instruments. The course is called The Newbies Guide To Audio Recording Awesomeness 2: Pro Recording With Reaper. The “2″ means this is the second in a sort of Newbies Guide series. The first course shows you how to use Audacity software, which is free, to do basic recording tasks. This new course goes much further – deep into the realm of professional audio recording techniques. Enjoy the tour!
http://AppsforiPads.net brings you just a snippet of a Q & A session with Ken Theriot, the developer of the HomeBrew Audio courses that allow you to improve YOUR recorded audio! Join us on our website to learn how YOU can improve the audio in your recordings.