... an Apps for iPads review!
What happens when Henry the racoon goes looking for the Sylvester’s Band in this fun new iPad app? Henry is a raccoon. He is small. And he is clumsy. At any rate, that’s what all the other animals in Firefly Forest have been telling him. However, when Sylvester’s Band is missing and the big party is about to be cancelled, Henry the raccoon is the only one that volunteers to go find the lost band members and bring them back to Firefly Forest, so that the party, and the day may be saved!
Developed by Uncle Handsalt, a development team comprised of Morten Sandholt, a freelance designer and musician from Barcelona, Spain, and Jeppe Sandholt, an artist/animator living in Copenhagen, Sylvester’s Band is a great combination of story, fabulous illustrations and great music.
Stick with us “after the break” to see this Sylvester’s Band in action and see why the kids love it for yourself.
Sylvester the band is a nice combination of illustration, audio and interactivity. The interactive elements are subtle but fun and do not distract from the story. You can pick leaves, adjust a microphone, pick berries off a cake, those sorts of simple activities that children enjoy looking for. Children learn about the different musical instruments and are encouraged to explore each page by touching the world and characters on the screen.
Sylvester the Band Features:
- 35 beautifully illustrated pages.
- Touch and turn the book to interact with the world and characters.
- Let the English voice-over read aloud or read it yourself.
- Pay for it once and enjoy it on both your iPad and iPhone!
- Suitable for all children ages 2 and up.
Apps for iPads Recommended Reading:
- iPad Reading for Kids: A Story Before Bed Launches iPad App … – Jobs BenBella Books is looking for a Production Manager/Production Editor. next job Hachette Book Group – Orbit is looking for a Editor. next job Boyds Mills Press is looking for a Coordinating Editor Book Publishing.
- The Best Children’s Books on the iPad – NYTimes.com – Innovative, educational and fun e-books for young tablet users.
- iPad eBooks and eBook apps for Kids – A friend of mine is spending a few days with his 3-year-old granddaughter in another state. He has a new iPad and asked me to put together a list of recommended iPad eBooks and eBook apps for kids for her.