...bringing Italy into YOUR home and kitchen on your iPad!
Love Italian cooking, the smells, the sights of Italy but just can’t get away right now? Then grab a cup of expresso and settle in with Mark Leslie’s Beyond the Pasta app!
“Beyond the Pasta” transports you into the heart of an authentic Italian family’s kitchen in Rome. Author Mark Leslie carries the excitement from his book “Beyond the Pasta: Recipes, Language & Life with an Italian Family” into this “fantastico” app!
Having traveled to Italy myself, staying in a 350-year old restored villa in Tuscany, and having had the privilege of cooking in their kitchen I can tell you that Mark is the “real deal!” His experiences, recipes, as well as his videos and tips make me long to jet my way back to a region that delights the senses and tickles your sensibilities!
Stay with us “after the break” to see yourself ”Beyond the Pasta!”
- Appetizers (Antipasti)
- Pasta and Rice (Il Primo Piatto)
- Meat and Fish (Il Secondo Piatto)
- Vegetables (Contorni)
- Desserts (Dolci)
as well as everything you need for a well-stocked Italian Pantry:
- The Window Box (Herbs)
- The Fridge (Fresh Ingredients)
- Top 10 (Italian Staples)
Beyond the Pasta contains over 100 photos and videos strategically “hidden” throughout the app! Want to make bruschetta? Mark will teach you the proper pronunciation as well as giving you the recipe! Fantastico! Want Limoncello Dessert Squares? Mark learned to make them from a farmer’s wife in the absolutely charming village of Castellina in Chianti, the region! Either of these recipes captures the taste of Italy in one mouth-watering bite! In each recipe you will find Mark available to you in full color video, something he cannot do in his book, bringing everything right into your kitchen!
Included in the app are some of the recipes from the book but not all, and of course sprinkled throughout are new ones! The book and the app compliment one another so that if you find you want even more, you may want to check out Mark’s Beyond The Pasta; Recipes, Language and Life with an Italian Family book too!
Mark Leslie also shares some of himself and his stay in the historic section of Rome in his delightful videos included in “Let’s Chat.” iOS devices give you what a book cannot, the spoken word, with that marvelous Italian accent! Makemi Software did their job well when they transformed the written word into an app that they, and Mark, can be proud of!
We asked Mark about the possibility of his adding even MORE recipes to this wonderful app in the future and are delighted to report that he is planning on shooting more videos in his kitchen at the end of summer or early fall so that he can bring you even MORE of his, and Nonna’s recipes in the future!
I don’t know about you but I would love to share a meal with Mark Leslie! In lieu of that I will prepare one that includes all the courses included in his absolutely wonderful app for my family! No wonder Apple judged this app ”New and Noteworthy!” Add Beyond the Pasta to your iPad now so you can get cooking in your kitchen and experiencing the taste and flavor of Italy, today!
Oh, and doesn’t everyone put stale bread soaked in water in their meatballs? MY recipe certainly does and Nonna’s does too! Try it today and your family will be raving about your cooking tonight!
Apps for iPads Recommended Reading:
- italian food bloggers in comparison with each other…. the first … – the food (and wine) blog phenomenon has been strongly expanding for some years already in italy. in fact, new blogs dealing with the italian food-and-wine conoisseurship in its various aspects come out every day (you can find a properly …
- Tomato Basil Sandwiches – It’s really a shame about summer being so hot. All of this wonderful produce available–my refrigerator is bursting at the bolts with our CSA veggies–and no desire to cook! The thought of turning a gas burner on makes me wince, …
- Angel hair pasta lasagna | Aayi’s Recipes – Angel hair pasta lasagna. Oct 5, 2007 by Shilpa. I have been cooking a lot of pastas these days. We love pasta, but the main purpose behind this is, I am hell bent on learning to make good pasta dishes. These dishes get ready in a very …
Ciao! http://appsforipads brings you a taste of Italy in the Beyond the Pasta app! Join us at our website for our full review or GRAB it NOW: http://appsforipads.net/BeyondThePastaApp
http://appsforipads.net highlights the wonderful usage of videos throughout the Beyond the Pasta Recipes! 100+ videos and photos! Join us on the website for our FULL review incl MORE video of our own! Grab it NOW: http://appsforipads.net/BeyondThePastaApp