... an Apps for iPads Review AND Tutorial
A couple days ago I had a Twitter “conversation” with one of our readers… and learned that she needs to put a photo portfolio together. She wants to be able to showcase her work in an iPad app to show her prospective clients. She mentioned a couple different apps for iPads, but wasn’t sure which might fulfill her needs. I offered to contact the two developers to ask about the possibility of publishing a video-review…
Well not even 1/2 day later I discovered an email from the first, closely followed by another from the second! So with both apps in hand, we set out to see how they both worked, look, and function.
The first portfolio iPad app, selected only because their email reached us first, is PadFolios. The developer, Juan Pablo Mazuera, was very responsive, not only to our request, but to the questions put forth to him upon our using his app.
Stick with us “after the break” for our full video-review, as well as some of Juan’s responses to our inquiries.
The video speaks for itself, you can see how simple it is for me to set up a new PadFolio album, edit and save it! Let me reiterate that all the pics in any album will show full-screen with the simple rotation of your iPad. I mount my iPad in a stand to film our videos, so I cannot do that easily on-camera, but rest assured that your portrait-oriented photos will fill the screen just as my landscape-oriented ones do in the video.
What I failed to mention in the video is that this app works on ALL of your iOS devices! So get caught without your iPad with a prospective client? Not a problem, download the app (no add’l charge) onto your iPhone! I spoke with Juan just this afternoon and he is excited about the possibility of added iCloud to PadFolios so when you edit an album on one of your devices it will update them ALL! He is exploring that possibility already!
While talking with Juan I asked also about the possibility of more than the existing 30 albums. He has said “I hope to make some more someday to fulfill some clients needs.” He is also contemplating the addition of simple photo editing tools and when I brought up the possibility of a search engine to find photos within the possible 12,000 photos, he replied “now that you mention it, I think it could be a helpful tool.” This is how a truly great app develops, with input from users, and over time. Juan seems very attuned to what his users want and willing to consider options for future updates. I have always liked that in a developer, because, in the end they usually produce the best apps.
While this iPad app is evolving it offers many options in its present state. As you can see, even in our video I didn’t get them all:
- Completely customizable for your needs
- Universal App for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
- Retina display support
- Landscape and Portrait support for all devices
- Up to 30 totally different PadFolios
- Elegant minimal and easy-to-use User Interface
- Create your backgrounds on your computer, Sync them to your device, and select them on PadFolios
- You can add any image present in your device’s Photo Library
- Change the Home Background
- Select for each PadFolio it’s own background
- The first image on each of your PadFolios will be the cover on your PadFolios Home
- Tap an image to show it fullscreen
- Pinch to zoom in fullscreen mode
- Swipe on fullscreen mode to change images
- You don’t have to save, PadFolios saves automatically
- If you erase your images from your Photo Library you won’t delete them from PadFolios
- Edit window is where you add, delete, reorganize and customize your PadFolios
- You can customize border colors and width or you can just hide them
- You can choose to display your images with or without rounded corners
- You can personalize the PadFolios Home title.
- Add title to every single PadFolio
- Change Color of text, lines, and background individually
- Show or Hide your PadFolios
- Extended help section
Whether you are a Realtor, Real Estate Stager, Photographer, Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Architect, Model, or Artist in general, one of your best options to show your portfolio of work to your clients is PadFolios. Not interested in a business porfolio and just want to creat an amazing photo album for your family? PadFolios, a wonderfully simple-to-use iPad app that gives you professional-looking results quickly! The PadFolios iPad app is available in the Apple App Store:
Apps for iPads Recommended Reading:
- Customizable Padfolios Can Grant Assured Advertising Points … – Organizing merchandising campaigns is decidedly no joke. There are a lot of things to keep in mind before you even think about making your probable guests list. You need to devise a really potent technique that will …
- App Review ~ PadFolios « J O N A T H A N JK . C O M – “PadFolios is a new application for your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch that brings you the opportunity to show your portfolio images with an elegant easy-to-use interface. It allows you to add a customized background with …
- Update: PadFolios – iPhone, iPod touch and iPad Portfolio … – PadFolios – iPhone, iPod touch and iPad Portfolio 1.5 Device: iOS Universal Category: Photography Price: $9.99, Version: 1.4 -> 1.5 (iTunes) Description: PadFolios is the ONLY universal portfolio application for your iPad, …
- Personalized Padfolios Can Bestow Assured Advertising Points | How … – Organizing merchandising campaigns is decidedly no joke. There are a lot of things to look at before you even think about making your likely guests list. You need to devise a really impressive technique that will …